3-Day Advanced Social Media Marketing Course 2019
Dates: 9 – 11 September, 4 – 6 November
Cost: R 9 500
Venue: Regus, 6 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop to the course.
With nearly 20 million of South Africa’s population accessing social media platforms on a daily basis, the impact of social media is undeniable. Knowing how to use these channels to distribute content, engage with customers and drive website traffic is crucial to business success.
In this course, you will learn how to identify the most influential social media platforms. You will explore the core features, tools and guidelines for planning, setting up, optimising and creating content for your audience on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
This social media marketing course is also ideal for people who want to start their own social media agency.
This course is very interactive with discussions and practical demonstrations of all the latest research, case studies, techniques and tools to improve your social media marketing strategy.
All attendees receive a certificate of completion, digital copies of course material and post-course support. This course includes lunch and refreshments.
- Social Media Introduction
- Social Media Research
- Content Creation
- Content Outreach
- Facebook for Business
- LinkedIn for Business
- Twitter for Business
- Instagram for Business
- YouTube & Social Video
- Social Media Tools
- Social Media Analytics
- Social Media Strategy
Social Media Marketing Course Outline
The social media marketing course is broken down into a series of modules to help you master the essential disciplines in social media marketing.
Module 1 – Social Media Introduction
In this module, you will learn all about the emerging trends in the social media space and the opportunity afforded by the ‘always connected’ social consumer. You will be able to identify the benefits of social media marketing and understand the techniques and best practices to build, manage, and sustain an active social media community.
- Select and prioritise different goals for your organisation, your customers and your products and services, as well as recognise the different social media communication styles that apply to different audiences
- Understand how to implement appropriate privacy settings across your social media, and develop profiles that engage across a range of social media platforms
Module 2 – Social Media Research
In this module, you will learn key social media concepts and equip you with the research tools and techniques needed to discover everything you need to know about your audience, competitors, cultural and industry trends.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of social research
- Learn the importance of audience research
- Key competitive research processes available
- An understanding of the importance of cultural research
- Ability to derive valuable insights from research data
Module 3 – Content Creation
In this module, you will learn about the concept of engaging with and acquiring customers using the creation and sharing of content. You will get the knowledge and skills to resource a content management function, to target your audience, select your platform and make use of social listening and competitor analysis.
- The key considerations when planning to create content on social media
- How to distinguish between the different content formats available on social media channels
- How to use best practices for scheduling content on social media
- How to implement an effective content strategy on social media
Module 4 – Content Outreach
In this module, you will learn the concept of content seeding and how to use content effectively over multiple social platforms. You will acquire an understanding of how to promote content and the importance of paid promotion for relevant, highly shareable content.
- Use best practices to seed content effectively
- Promote content effectively on social media
- How to measure the effectiveness of content on social media
- Effective implementation of a content promotion strategy using social media
Module 5 – Facebook for Business
This module provides you with a comprehensive understanding of how Facebook works as a platform for community building, content marketing and brand promotion. You will learn all the various aspects to Facebook for Business, such as Facebook Ads where you will become successful in planning and delivering a Facebook Advertising strategy, including KPI monitoring and ongoing measurement.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of Facebook and its value to marketers
- How to set up a Facebook Page to promote a business
- Use and optimise the different platform features on Facebook
- Best practices to leverage the Facebook Ads platform effectively
- How to create a successful strategy for Facebook ads and to report effectively on Facebook campaigns
Module 6 – LinkedIn for Business
This module focuses on the LinkedIn platform to build and develop professional connections with your target audience. You learn how to use features such as Company pages and Showcase pages, to build your company presence on the platform. Finally, it teaches you how to use analytics with LinkedIn to measure the success of your campaigns.
- How to recognise the core concepts that LinkedIn is built upon
- Using LinkedIn’s platform features to build a company presence on LinkedIn
- Best practices for advertising on LinkedIn
- How to measure the performance of LinkedIn marketing campaign
Module 7 – Twitter for Business
This module shows how to set up and customise a Twitter account, and how to take advantage of the platform’s key features. It teaches you how to use Twitter Ads Manager to run campaigns and outlines the different ad formats available on Twitter. Finally, it provides you with the knowledge to leverage Twitter Analytics to analyse and optimise your Twitter campaigns.
- How to identify the basic concepts that you need to understand when using Twitter
- The set up an effective Twitter account and how to take advantage of its key features
- Using Twitter content to advertise a brand
- How to analyse the performance of a Twitter account and optimise it based on this data
Module 8 – Instagram for Business
In this module, you will learn how to develop a successful Instagram marketing strategy, create fully optimised posts, how to target the right audience, run content marketing and advertising activity, and measure its impact. It also covers how to run engaging ad campaigns and provides you with the knowledge to analyse performance on each channel using analytics tools.
- How to use the features available in Instagram effectively
- How to manage an Instagram account
- Using Instagram to advertise a brand
- Evaluation of Instagram content using analytics
Module 9 – YouTube & Social Video
This module will introduce you to the concept of social video marketing and its growing importance for today’s online consumers. Focusing on YouTube you will learn how to set up, customise, and manage a YouTube channel, and how to use the platform’s features effectively.
- How to use social video in your marketing campaigns
- The setup essentials of a YouTube channel
- How to implement an effective creative strategy for a YouTube channel
- Build an online audience using video
- How to use advertising and analytics to enhance the performance of videos
Module 10 – Social Media Tools
In this module, you will learn about the various social media software, tools and services to build an effective marketing campaign.
Module 11 – Social Media Analytics
In this module, you will learn how to evaluate your social media insights and measure the success of your campaigns to plan, optimise and reach your return on investment.
Module 12 – Social Media Strategy
In this module, you will learn how to create a social media marketing strategy. It covers topics such as owned research, accessed research, desk research, audience research, competitor research, and social listening. Set measurable objectives and KPIs for your strategy, analyse and track your activities, and finally how to execute your strategy to measure its impact and performance.
- Social media marketing strategy planning
- How to conduct research for a social media marketing campaign
- Setting measurable objectives for a social media marketing campaign
- How to execute a social media marketing strategy
- How to learn lessons and improve performance in social media marketing strategy
How You Will Benefit
Upon completion of this social media marketing course, you will be able to:
- Start your own social media agency and manage multiple clients’ social media marketing campaigns.
- Develop a social media marketing strategy, incorporating content, social networks and social tools.
- Produce innovative and creative social media strategies, know how to boost brand awareness with content that makes your users want to share, tweet and pin your path to social media success.
- With the effective analysis of campaign results, you’ll be on track to exceed sales targets and advance your career with the latest social media marketing techniques.
- Use industry-standard tools to define, measure, and adjust your campaign’s key performance indicators and maximise success.
What Our Students Say
“I first attended the social media essentials course in 2018 and the results of our organisation’s social media channels were very impressive in such a way that my manager suggested I attend the Social Media Advanced course. I have learned a lot and am ready to take on all our social and digital work going forward. Excellent service from the academy!”
Esther Mahlalela, Save the Children SA
“Great complete social media marketing course! Quick and easy explanations of the most important tools and some very useful additional services. Interesting mix of people attending the course.”
Samuel Monthuley, External Relations Consultant, UNHCR Kinshasa DRC
“I am so pleased to have done the social media marketing course. Everything I do at work or for my business will be so much quicker. I have learnt amazing tricks and tools to cut down on graphic design costs, reading my customers and freeing up time to do other important things. Very informative and well presented. Thanks Hugh! You answered all our questions in ‘lay-man-terms’ which has made it easier to understand – I can be quite slow with IT things. I will absolutely recommend this to others (not until I have surpassed my competitors!). I like the fact that Q & A sessions with you are possible after today. Great day! Motivated and excited!”
Carol Anderson, Made You Look
“Excellent course, very relevant to the changing business and social environment around us. Good exposure to the social and digital ‘ecosystem’ we operate in, both professionally and socially. Good roadmap provided to initiate our exposure and activity within the digital and social media landscape. Will send more staff within UVEX Safety, definitely.”
Christo Nel, Director UVEX Safety
“Thank you for an extremely informative course. Very interesting. I learnt a lot and feel that it definitely added value to my business. Very well presented, excellent venue.”
Michele Michie, Dynamix Staffing Solutions