2019 Dates: 25 Nov
Cost: R 2 950
Venue: Regus, 6 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop to the course.
Knowing how to increase visibility of your brand, send more visitors to your website and convert traffic from search engines is crucial for every business to be successful today.
With more than 90% of internet users relying on search engines to find what they are looking for, search engine marketing remains one of the most influential digital disciplines to understand and implement for your business.
This course is very interactive with discussions and practical demonstrations of all the latest research, case studies, techniques and tools to improve your SEO and analytics.
All attendees receive a certificate of completion, digital copies of course material and post-course support. This course includes lunch and refreshments.
SEO Course Outline
The course is broken down into a series of modules to help you master the essential disciplines of SEO.
Module 1 – Introduction to SEO
This module introduces you to the key concepts relating to SEO, how search engines work and the components of Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
- Learn how SEO and analytics work together to drive targeted, high-converting traffic to your website
- Understand the benefits of SEO campaigns and how to use organic search in your marketing campaigns
- Measure the success of your search campaign and how it fits within your wider digital marketing campaign
Module 2 – Technical SEO Setup
In this module you will learn how to set up your website for SEO and the methods for improving technical SEO and on-page optimisation of a website.
- Understand the technical elements of SEO, best practices for on-page optimisation and how to make your website mobile-friendly
- Understand how search engines crawl websites and how to speed up indexing with sitemaps and site architecture
- Using tools to audit your pages and Google’s Search Console to make improvements
Module 3 – SEO & Content Marketing
In this module you will learn the importance of content relevance to enhance search traffic, and develop broader engagement levels across different digital marketing channels.
- Understand the concepts of SEO and content marketing
- How to conduct keyword research to identify topics and create content that increases visibility, engagement and interest
- Understand how to evaluate the performance of SEO content and what tools to use
Module 4 – Link Building
In this module you learn how to plan and implement strategic SEO campaigns and best practices for building and maintaining backlinks to a website.
- Learn the history of link building, the difference between good and bad backlinks and ethical link building techniques that will boost your authority and rank
- Understand how backlinks and your social media profiles can improve your SEO strategy
- Effective link building types, prospecting and outreach for off-page optimisation
- How to identify opportunities for social, PR and online reputation recommendations
Module 5 – Analytics with Google Analytics
In this module you will learn how to set up, measure, monitor and optimise your digital marketing campaigns for success. You will also learn about the legal responsibilities concerning data collection, consent and privacy.
- How to set up and configure a Google Analytics account and install Google Analytics tracking code
- How to set goals for performance and understand the customer conversion journey using Google Analytics
- Monitor campaigns, track live data and use Google Analytics custom reporting features to record and analyse campaign data
Module 6 – Strategy & Planning
In this module you will learn the components in an effective SEO strategy and best practices for planning and research. It also covers how to measure and report on the effectiveness of your SEO campaign and the metrics to measure.
- How to plan a SEO strategy and conduct research for a SEO campaign
- Use best practices when setting SEO strategy objectives for a campaign
- Develop a SEO strategy for deployment, implement and evaluate a SEO campgaign
How You Will Benefit
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan, implement and measure a SEO strategy and understand how to optimise campaigns
- Audit and optimise your website to improve search engine rankings with keyword and market research
- Carry out effective link building and off-page optimisation using proven tactics
- Plan SEO activity, strategies, forecast results, and use tools to measure and identify insights for SEO
What Our Students Say
” Extremely valuable introduction to the world of social media for a business aspect. SEO and social media and digital marketing use and run down was extremely useful and essential.”
Alex Honegger Cambial Communications
“I found the course very enjoyable and informative. The subjects covered helped tremendously to piece together my various limited knowledge on Adwords, SEO, Display Advertising and much more. I have used my knowledge to create and manage a personal page, so this course has been extremely valuable to me.”
Shanne Saunders Account Manager, Red Cherry Interactive
“Fantastic, well structured course that was very infomative and easy to follow, in particular the SEO website and Facebook sessions. I look forward to the advanced courses. The timing was perfect and breaks well co-ordinated.”
Hannah Broad Director Excella