LinkedIn Course 2019
Dates: 23 September, 18 November
Cost: R 2 950
Venue: Regus, 6 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop to the course.
With more than 550 Million members worldwide – 8 Million in South Africa – LinkedIn is a powerful business tool.
In this course, we will provide a complete social selling toolkit for sales representatives to help prospect, influence and close sales confidently online.
It will provide you with practical and instantly applicable solutions to increase leads and close more deals.
This course is very interactive with discussions and practical demonstrations of all the latest research, case studies, techniques and tools to improve your LinkedIn marketing.
All attendees receive a certificate of completion, digital copies of course material and post-course support. This course includes lunch and refreshments.
LinkedIn Course Outline
The course is broken down into a series of modules to help you master the essential disciplines in LinkedIn Marketing.
Module 1 – Fundamentals of LinkedIn
In this module, you will learn how the buying process has changed over the past 10 years and its impact on traditional selling methods. It will also explore the value of your personal brand online. On completion, you will have a fundamental understanding of the key concepts of LinkedIn and know the value of integrating digital tools into your sales process.
- Twenty-First Century Sales and Marketing: How LinkedIn fits in
- Discovering what you can do with LinkedIn
- An in-depth tour of the platform from Groups to Profiler, Learning and more
- The LinkedIn Advantage: Five organisational shifts that support success
Module 2 – Finding and Targeting Prospects
In this module, you will learn how to use social research to build accurate personas for your target market. It will explore the most relevant conversations and behaviour to help you set the scene for more contextual and personalised engagement with your target prospects.
- You will learn how to craft and refine customer personas for target sectors and conduct research to identify businesses you should be targeting
- You will know how to use social intelligence and social listening to monitor online interactions and digital behaviour
- Using research and social intelligence, you will be able to leverage your network effectively to inform a more contextual and personalised engagement process
Module 3 – Attracting Customers
In this module, you will learn how to attract ideal prospects by making sure they find you easily by using digital and social techniques. It will ensure you appear in their social network feeds and rank highly in search results.
- Understand how to anticipate the needs of your target audience for informative, educational social content
- Know how to create and curate content for social selling and match the right content with the right channels
- Help you build your network within the buyer community, analyse content engagement and refine
Module 4 – Increasing Engagement
In this module, you will learn the needs and motivations of buyers and how to provide the right value-add content to build trust with potential and existing customers. By the end of this module, you will know how to share content to build stronger relationships and engagement at all stages of the sales funnel.
- Aligning communications with buyer’s objectives, insights, and storyboarding
- Connecting best practices, engagement techniques, engaging with key decision-makers
- Reaching out directly, messaging templates
- Email best practices and avoiding spam
- LinkedIn InMails
Module 5 – LinkedIn Advertising
In this module, you will learn about the ad formats available on LinkedIn, such as Text ads, Sponsored ads, Sponsored InMails, Display ads, and Dynamic ads. Finally, it teaches you how to use analytics with LinkedIn
to measure the success of your campaigns.
- Best practice to LinkedIn advertising
- How to bid for your target audience
- Understand the pros and cons of Sponsored Content
- How to create and optimise LinkedIn Text Ads
- Controlling your costs, setting budgets and scheduling
- Measuring and monetising campaign performance
Module 6 – Closing and Retaining
In this module, you will learn how to use LinkedIn to convert and retain customers so that you ultimately increase revenues. It will help you to strengthen relationships with buyers in your network, use LinkedIn to encourage direct engagement and increase conversions using a range of tools and techniques.
- Overcoming challenges, negotiating, closing
- Social listening, growing the business
- Key performance metrics
- Creating a practical social selling plan
How You Will Benefit
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the value of LinkedIn and using digital techniques in the sales process to enhance performance
- Find and identify the ideal buyers for your product and service
- Monitor important conversations within your industry
- Personalise engagement with target prospects
- Rank highly in search results (LinkedIn and Google) to attract prospects
- Recognise how to understand buyer needs and motivations
- Provide value-added content to build trust with potential and existing customers
- Use social selling to convert and keep customers and grow your sales
What Our Students Say
“Thank you for changing my perspective on social media, the importance thereof for business purposes – in promoting your brand. I will certainly make use of social media from now on. I never thought of LinkedIn as a tool to create awareness – thank you. I enjoyed the course, I was lucky to be here.”
Jennifer Lategan, Sales & Marketing Manager, Windscreen Distributors
“I have enjoyed the course and found it very informative. I now have a lot more knowledge on LinkedIn and will be using the tool more often now that I have attended the course. Social media is a very useful tool and this course has made me more aware of different ways of connecting with people and businesses.”
Deon Mahadeo, The People Connection
” It was a great opportunity to learn about social media, especially advertising on Facebook. It was a great workshop and would like to come for more. I got more insights on LinkedIn and Twitter.”
Margaret Busangabanye , Artifact Advertising