Google Analytics Course
2019 Dates: 20 November
Cost: R 2 950
Venue: Regus, 6 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop to the course.
With almost 80% of organisations using it, Google Analytics has become the preferred solution for measuring the impact of digital marketing. This course enables you to fully measure, monitor and optimise your Digital Marketing activities.
You will learn how to build an online reporting structure for your business and setting campaign goals to analyse the performance of your customer conversion journeys.
At the end of the course, you will be able to use Google Analytics reports and features to monitor and analyse digital campaigns.
This course is very interactive with discussions and practical demonstrations of all the latest research, case studies, techniques and tools to improve your Google Analytics.
All attendees receive a certificate of completion, digital copies of course material and post-course support. This course includes lunch and refreshments.
Google Analytics Course Outline
The course is broken down into a series of modules to help you master the essential disciplines of Google Analytics.
Module 1 – Introduction to Google Analytics
The analytics module will introduce you to the fundamentals of web analytics and the associated legal responsibilities and best practices concerning data collection, consent and privacy that enable a digital marketer to draw actionable conclusions from website or marketing channel data.
- Insight types for digital marketers
- Analytics tools for data collection, measurement and analysis
- Google analytics benefits and limitations
- Analytics reporting terminology
- Legal requirements, responsibilities and best practice
Module 2 – Analytics Setup
In this module, you will learn how to set up a Google Analytics account, measure, monitor and optimise your digital marketing campaigns for success.
- Account setup
- Tracking code instalment
- Key settings and navigational functions
- Account settings and filters
- Benefits and risks of sharing access
- Linking Google Analytics and other tools
Module 3 – Setting Goals
In this module, you will learn how to set up goals and match website activity to goals. You will learn how to use goal funnels to analyse your customer conversion journey.
- You will set goals for the business and website learning how to use analytics tools to measure your KPIs and website performance
- You will also be able to differentiate between the reporting features for monitoring a digital marketing campaign
Module 4 – Monitoring Campaigns with Reports
In this module, you will learn about the different campaign types, audience, acquisition, Google Ads, behavior, events and conversion reports. You will understand multi-channel funnels reporting.
- Discover how to align business KPIs with your analytics goal configuration
- Utilise the features of Google Analytics to develop a detailed profile of your target audience’s location, demographics, technology, devices and interests
- Assess the effectiveness of your website’s technical performance and download speed, and how to measure levels of user engagement and conversion by tracking activities such as downloads, video views, purchases and registrations etc.
Module 5 – Analysing and Recording Data
In this module, you will learn how to track traffic changes in real-time. You will learn how to create custom reporting, annotations and custom segments.
- Create and schedule customised reports and explore the real-time and intelligence reporting capabilities of Google Analytics
- As with the other modules, you will also be aware of data protection and privacy issues associated with website analytics
How You Will Benefit
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Measure, monitor and optimise your Digital Marketing activities
- How to build an online reporting structure for your business, and learn about the range of specialist tools that are available to help you understand how to measure and monitor online traffic
- Understand the rationale and business benefits of adopting a formal analytics programme, and learn how to set up accounts, profiles and permissions to apply analytics tracking across your websites
- Discover how to align business KPIs with your analytics goal configuration, and utilise the features of Google Analytics to develop a detailed profile of your target audience’s location, demographics, technology, devices, interests and more
- Learn how to assess the effectiveness of your website’s technical performance and download speed, and how to measure levels of user engagement and conversion by tracking activities such as downloads, video views, purchases and registrations etc.
- Create and schedule customised reports and explore the real-time and intelligence reporting capabilities of Google Analytics. As with the other modules, you will also be aware of data protection and privacy issues associated with website analytics.
What Our Students Say
“Had an interesting and eye-opening training today, all on social media; how to grow your business and mostly to see if our product got demand or not. I appreciate the elaborated details about the Adwords, Google to help find out if our keywords are searched often or not.”
Maipelo Hosia GuestMag Communications – Botswana
“Effective! A breakdown of social media and Google Adwords in a brief, easy to follow guide. The easiest and fastest way to understand the complex world of online advertising.”
Ahmed Hoosain Manager GRFX Design Studio