Google Ads Course 2019
Dates: 17 September, 12 November
Cost: R 2 950
Venue: Regus, 6 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop to the course.
The Google Ads Course is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge to create effective Google Ads campaigns that will increase the number of clicks and high-quality visitors to your website.
More than 45% of all online advertising traffic comes from Google’s advertising products.
This course is very interactive with discussions and practical demonstrations of all the latest research, case studies, techniques and tools to improve your Google Ads and analytics.
All attendees receive a certificate of completion, digital copies of course material and post-course support. This course includes lunch and refreshments.
Google Ads Course Outline
The course is broken down into a series of modules to help you master the essential disciplines in Google Ads.
Module 1 – Introduction to Google Ads
This module introduces you to the fundamental concepts of PPC advertising. You will learn how to set up a Google Ads account, interact with the Google Ads interface and demonstrate how to implement and manage campaigns using Google Ads.
- Review of the latest search marketing trends and data
- Benefits of paid search campaigns and how to translate business objectives into measurable goals
- Customer use of search engines and understanding the customer buying cycle
Module 2 – Creating Campaigns
In this module you will learn how to create Google Ads campaigns that generate traffic and conversions. You will be able to manage the commercial viability of your campaign, be able to bid effectively and understand the rationale behind your bid choices to create strategic campaigns.
- Understand the Google Ads Auction and learn about Quality Score
- Setting up campaigns and ad groups and calculating and setting keywords bids
- Manage campaign budget effectively and use different methods to optimise your campaigns
Module 3 – Keyword Research
In this module you will become adept at keyword research using the Google Ads Keyword Planner, and recognize how strategic keyword selection forms the basis for successful search engine marketing.
- How to conduct keyword research for a search marketing campaign
- Tools and software to use for research and competitor analysis
- Optimising performance with keyword matching
- Using negative keywords to improve targeting
Module 4 – Creating Ads
In this module you will learn how to create, manage and implement high-converting ads for your Google Ads campaigns.
- Performance benchmarks by industry
- Copywriting tips to increase click-through rates
- Optimising landing pages to improve performance
Module 5 – Display & Video Advertising
In this module you will learn the differences between Search and Google Display Network. It covers the ad formats used with display advertising and shows you how to set up and manage campaigns.
- Key concepts, benefits and value of creating and managing a YouTube channel
- Create campaigns with standard video ad campaigns and YouTube Ads
- Google Display Network campaign types, ad formats and sizes
- How to set up remarketing campaigns on the Google Display Network
Module 6 – Strategy & Planning
In this module you will learn the key steps for planning and implementing a search marketing strategy for your organisation. You will learn how to determine success by measuring engagement and reporting on the performance of paid search campaigns using Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Conduct a situation analysis, including an assessment of your competitors, the size of the market and your current performance
- Develop a high level, simple clear strategy for all search marketing channels
- Maintain a successful strategy by continually incorporating new information and adapting to a changing landscape
- How to execute a strategy and evaluate the performance of a search marketing campaign
How You Will Benefit
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and optimize Google Ads campaigns
- Use keyword research to develop a target keyword list and set budgets for bidding
- Set up conversion tracking and measure your return on investment
- Use compelling ad copywriting when creating ads
- Set up and optimize remarketing across the Google Display Network
- Define, measure and optimise your campaign’s performance to ensure success
What Our Students Say
“I really enjoyed the course as it covered all the areas I needed to upskill myself in. I particularly appreciated learning more about Google Adwords and advertising on Facebook. All there is left to do is practice, practice, practice and then implement it in my day to day work. Thank you Hugh”
Silindile Mteshane, Sales & Marketing Assistant, IFS
“I have attended the training course on digital marketing presented by DBA and the course was eye opening in the world of digital platforms. I learned more about how Google Ads and Facebook work and now I am feeling more empowered than ever before.”
Edward Moshole, Managing Director, ChemFresh
“I enjoyed the course because it ‘demystified’ the processes behind Digital Marketing. We see AdWords, Facebook ads etc. on a daily basis and this course allowed me to see how it works for myself, and how to use it within business without contacting an outside agency.”
Chad Miller, Digital Content Manager,Lonrho JHB