3-Days Digital Marketing Course
2019 Dates: 30 September – 2 October, 11-13 November
Cost: R 7 950
Venue: Regus, 6 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi-enabled laptop to the course.
Whether you’re a complete beginner, business owner or marketing professional, our digital marketing course in Johannesburg will show you how to increase traffic to your website, generate more leads and get more clients.
This course is very interactive with discussions and practical demonstrations of all the latest research, case studies, techniques and tools to improve your digital marketing skills.
All attendees receive a certificate of completion, digital copies of course material and post-course support. This course includes lunch and refreshments.
Digital Marketing Course Outline
The digital marketing course in Johannesburg is broken down into a series of modules to help you master the essential disciplines in digital marketing.
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Website Optimisation
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Paid Search With Google Ads
- Display & Video Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Digital Analytics with Google Analytics
- Digital Marketing Strategy
How You Will Benefit
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Increase your website’s visibility through SEO techniques
- Drive qualified traffic to your website through Pay-Per-Click advertising
- Execute digital display and video marketing campaigns
- Use suitable social media channels to grow and engage an audience
- Analyse and optimise your overall digital marketing activity
- Create a formal digital marketing plan for your business
Detailed Overview of Modules
Module 1 – Introduction to Digital Marketing
This module introduces the core principles and purpose of digital marketing. You will learn how to develop clear and actionable objectives for a digital marketing plan using SMART objectives and use digital research and social listening to gain insights into your competitors, audience and industry.
- Be able to differentiate between inbound and outbound marketing strategies and distinguish between examples of digital media
- Understand the difference between traditional and digital marketing helping you realise the benefits of using them in combination
Module 2 – Website Optimisation
In this module, you will learn how to build and publish a well-designed, high-performing and optimised website that is aligned to your business goals. You will learn all the components of web design to design, create and publish an effective website and choose the most suitable hosting option based on budget and business goals.
- Understand design principles and best practices for copy and A/B testing along with exploring User Experience and User Interface as part of user-centric design
- How to use metrics to capture, track, and measure website activity to develop deeper insights
Module 3 – Content Marketing
In this module, you will learn how to plan and create content that works well for your target audience. You will learn about the buyer’s journey and be able to create a content marketing strategy by conducting social listening, competitor analysis, and content audits.
- Understand the difference between content creation and curation, along with how to extend its value using scheduling tools and promotion methods
- Examine the key metrics and tools for measuring the performance of a content marketing strategy
Module 4 – Social Media Marketing
In this module, you will learn how to build, manage and sustain an active community on the most influential social media platforms. You will understand all the core features, tools and guidelines for setting up, optimising and posting relevant content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- How to set up paid advertising campaigns for a business on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram
- Best practices for content sharing, sharing stories, video content and hashtag usage
- How to extract and report on data from the platforms’ native analytics tools to derive deeper audience and campaign insights
Module 5 – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
In this module, you will learn how search engines work and how to use keyword and competitor research to build a content plan that attracts and engages the right kind of visitors to your website. You will understand how to boost your position in the organic search rankings and generate more inbound leads for your website.
- Learn how SEO and analytics work together to drive targeted, high-converting traffic to your website
- Understand the benefits of SEO campaigns and how to use organic search in your marketing campaigns
- Measure the success of your search campaign and how it fits within your wider digital marketing campaign
Module 6 – Paid Search With Google Ads
In this module, you will learn about the fundamental concepts of PPC advertising. You will learn how to set up a Google Ads account, interact with the Google Ads interface, conduct keyword research and implement and manage campaigns using Google Ads.
- Review of the latest search marketing trends and data
- Benefits of paid search campaigns and how to translate business objectives into measurable goals
- Customer use of search engines and understanding the customer buying cycle
Module 7 – Display & Video Advertising
In this module, you will learn about the fundamental concepts of display and video advertising, how to create a YouTube channel, manage video content, identify ad formats available for the Google Display Network and how to set up and manage campaigns.
- Understand how to apply audience and contextual targeting, exclusions, remarketing, and bid adjustments to target display and video ads at the right audience
- You will be able to identify the key metrics and tools to use to analyse and optimise the effectiveness of campaigns
Module 8 – Email Marketing
In this module, you will learn about email marketing tools, techniques, subscriber lists and email design best practices. It also covers how to create, test, and optimize an email campaign that maximises open and Click-Through-Rates (CTR).
- Be able to create campaigns that will generate leads, retain customers and inspire brand ambassadors
- Understand how the concepts of segmentation, personalisation, timing, and engagement along with the legislation and regulations surrounding data protection underpin an effective email marketing strategy
Module 9 – Digital Analytics with Google Analytics
In this module, you will learn how to set up and configure Google Analytics to evaluate your website traffic, measure the success of your campaigns and use those insights to plan and optimise your marketing budgets.
- Know the associated legal responsibilities and best practices concerning data collection, consent, and privacy that enable a digital marketer to draw actionable conclusions from website or marketing channel data
- How to setup and configure Google Analytics and install tracking codes to get insights about traffic and audience
- Explore setting campaign goals, reports and features to analyse performance and customer conversion journeys
Module 10 – Digital Marketing Strategy
In this module, you will learn how to create an effective digital marketing strategy and how to develop a successful budget plan to measure the ROI for digital activities. It also demonstrates how to set clear and actionable objectives and measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Understand the key research activities to create a digital marketing strategy
- How to develop a creative strategy based on campaign research to engage an audience and deliver on campaign goals
- You will know how to execute a digital marketing strategy supported by a channel plan, a paid media plan, a campaign action plan, and strategy documentation
What Our Students Say
“Very informative digital marketing course in Johannesburg. Length of the course perfect with enough cheat sheets, hints, templates and insights to take our own companies to the next level in Digital Marketing. Hugh is very knowledgeable. Fun, interactive class. I really learnted a lot!”
Viloshni Govender, Marketing Director, Separation Scientific
“All aspects of digital and online was covered in this 3-day digital marketing course in Johannesburg. The worth of this course is more than any monetary value could ever define. I will be using the theories until I retire. The trainer was very helpful, friendly and shared his knowledge with passion. He listened to all our questions and empowered us to share and chat about learning. Loved it!”
Natania Tesnar, PR Account Manager, Anti-Clockwise Consulting
“You are a rock star! Thank you so much, your training was fantastic. My analytics are great after attending your course. People are now going through my website and we are now starting to push the social media. You taught me loads about getting people to dig deeper into my website, and we did this also through Facebook.”
Tracey Greig, Marketing and Operations Manager, AFSUG
“Thank you for a very informative session that further advanced my understanding of the subject and competencies in digital marketing. Well done Hugh! And thanks Martie for all the communications and assistance throughout, really appreciated!”
Bonga Bucibo, Senior Business Analyst, SABC